Google Photos is one of the best cloud backup services in the market, and can allow you to put all of your photos in the cloud for free.
In this quick tutorial, we show you how to start backing up your entire library, both on Android smartphones and tablets, and on PCs and Macs.
Do you want to back up your entire library from all your devices in the cloud?
Google Photos is probably one of the best choices you can make: the service offers free and unlimited storage of your photos in “high quality” – limited to 15 GB free if you televise your originals.
Since the passage of Flickr to a paying offer, indeed, difficult to find better! Here’s how to save all your photos regardless of your device.
Back up your photo library in Google Photos from your smartphone or tablet
- Install if you have not already done Google Photos for Android or iOS and sign in to your Google Account
- Open Google Photos and go to the menu ≡ at the top of the screen
- Go to Settings => Backup and Sync and Enable Backup
- Check your photos and possibly your videos to enable saving these contents in Google Drive from your mobile data – if you do not want to wait to be connected to a WiFi network for synchronization to start
- Backup starts immediately, but not all of your photos will be immediately available in the cloud (depending on the speed of your connection and the size of the photo library)
- Deleting Google Photos does not de-activate their backup in Google Drive
If you chose the high quality import size, your backup space is unlimited but the platform will compress your photos beyond 16 megapixels
If you choose the original import size, the backup size can’t exceed 15 GB of free Google Drive storage or, if applicable, the remaining storage space you purchased.
Google Drive: Back Up Your Photos From Your Windows Or Mac PC
On your computer:
- Download and install Backup and Sync by clicking here
- Sign in to your Google Account
When the application asks for it, choose to save the contents that interest you (photos, videos, other files …)
- Select the folder (s) where your photos are
- Choose the import size in the Photo and Video Import Size section and click Start to start the backup
- If you chose the High Quality import size, your backup space is unlimited but the platform will compress your photos beyond 16 megapixels.
- If you choose the Original import size, the backup size may not exceed 15GB of free Google Drive storage or, if applicable, the remaining storage space you have purchased.
It is also possible to manually save your photos via your browser:
- Go to https://drive.google.com
- Click import at the top left or drag your folders containing your photos (do not close the window during the transfer)
Do you use Google Photos to back up your photo library or other solution? Talk about it in the comments.